Guide to Course Levels & Teaching Method
- Beginner: You have no experience of playing the harp.
- Post-beginner: You took last year’s Beginners’ course, have had relatively few lessons and/or require help with basic technique.
- Elementary: You can already perform simple tunes, require further help in consolidating basic technique and wish to work slowly and carefully.
- Elementary/Intermediate: As Elementary but you feel ready to stretch your boundaries.
- Intermediate: You already have good technique and can work at a moderate pace.
- Intermediate/Advanced: As Intermediate, but you are ready and willing to work at a faster pace.
- Advanced: Your technique is good and you wish to work at a good pace to stretch yourself.
- Mixed Ability: For all levels, except Beginner.
For further advice about course levels please contact us on +44 (0) 131 445 2022
- E: teaching will be by ear with written music given out only at the end of the course.
- E+M: teaching will initially be by ear with written music given out during or at the end of each session.
- M: teaching will be from written music.
- M+E: written music will be given at the start of the course. However, teaching will be sympathetic to all levels of skill in reading/assimilating music.