The Edinburgh International Harp Festival 2022 will take place 8th-11th April, planned to be in a hybrid format online and in person at George Watson’s College, Edinburgh.
We are looking for two organised and proactive freelance Festival Assistants, to help us before (March), during (8-11 April) and after (April) our 2022 Festival.
With experience in arts/festival management and an interest in music, you should be comfortable being flexible and using your initiative, whilst providing comprehensive support to the Festival team.
DUTIES: Support the Festival Administrator and EIHF Committee, including:
Before the Festival:
- Dealing with communication by email and phone
- Processing ticket bookings, following up on booking enquiries
- Liaising with committee members, artists and attendees
- Marketing and publicity, including website and social media
- Other administrative tasks as necessary
- Attend training sessions for Red61 (our ticketing system) and Zoom (used for teaching)
During the Festival:
- Set up and maintain the Festival office / box office
- Assist the Festival team with daily duties and volunteer training
- Support stewards and other volunteers with processing of tickets and other public-facing tasks
- Provide administrative support to artist/tutors and Festival Team
- Offer hands-on support as required e.g. backstage or front-of-house
- 1 March-31 March 2022: 1 day (7.5hrs) per week, within office hours. Working day flexible, TBA with Festival Administrator.
- 1-15 April 2022: 6 days (1 day each week + 4 days of the Festival itself), providing in-person and/or online support. Hours timetabled in shifts TBA with Festival Administrator and Duty Manager, over the period 8am-11pm as required each day.
PAY: £12 / hour
LOCATION: Edinburgh, Scotland, either working from home or in our office at Out of the Blue Drill Hall (subject to current Scottish Government guidelines). During the Festival itself, on location at George Watson’s College.
- Experience of working in a busy arts/festival environment
- IT literate (Microsoft Office, WordPress)
- Proactive with strong attention to detail
- Experience working in a supervisory role or with co-ordinating volunteers
- Experience of using Zoom (or similar) across various devices
CLOSING DATE: 12 noon, Friday 28th January 2022
INTERVIEWS: W/b 7th February 2022, via Zoom
- To apply, please submit a current CV and covering letter to Toby at email@example.com
- To learn more about the Festival, please visit our website https://www.harpfestival.co.uk.
- The office will be closed Friday 17th December 2021-Tuesday 4th January 2022 inclusive. If you have any queries or need any further information, email as above in the first instance, and we will get back to you as soon as possible in the New Year.
- The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 28th January 2022.
- The contract will be on a freelance basis and the individual is responsible for declaring their own income for tax purposes.
- Candidates should be based in Edinburgh, or able to arrange their own accommodation for the period. We regret we are unable to help with accommodation or travel.
- Training will be provided for specialist software or more specialised tasks.
- The Festival reserves the right to change its requirements, in the event of the cancellation of the physical Festival.